[ic] Interchange on Debian

Jamie Neil jamie at versado.net
Tue Oct 12 05:43:15 EDT 2004

Since Redhat moved to the Fedora development model, we have been looking
to switch to a distribution with a slightly longer support period, and
after much deliberation we have decided to give Debian ago.

I've set up a dev server with Sarge (because it looks like it is likely
to go stable in the next few weeks) and am slowly becoming acclimitised
to the Debian way of doing things. However I am still getting to grips
with apt (devoted yum user) and in particular I can't work out how to
get interchange 5.2.0 installed from unstable. At the moment I have
resorted to downloading the deb files and installing them with dpkg but
I kind of feel that I'm working around the problem rather than fixing
it. The Interchange directory layout feels pretty alien too when
compared to the Redhat RPMs.

Can anyone give me some best practice tips on using and managing
interchange in a Debian environment?

Thanks,

A slightly shellshocked soon to be ex-Redhat user :)

--
Jamie Neil | <jamie at versado.net> | 0870 7777 454
Versado I.T. Services Ltd. | http://versado.net/ | 0845 450 1254