[ic] using [error] tag on checkout to detect CC issues

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 11:21:39 EDT 2004

> Hi,
>
> We need to be able, on the checkout page, to grab any errors related
> specifically to credit cards (and send an email to a certain address w/ the
> error info). I checked the archives and couldn't find any useful information.
> I'm sure it's something simple, and any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks!
> Mark

If your credit card number's HTML input tag is named
'mv_credit_card_number', IC internals should take care of deciding if
it's OK.  If it isn't, you can tell with this:

[if type="explicit" compare="[error name='mv_credit_card_valid' keep='1']"]
not OK
[/if]

on the landing page after the data's submission.  The same goes for
mv_credit_card_exp_month and mv_credit_card_exp_year, but I don't
think you can tell which of them there was a problem with.  I think
the mv_credit_card_valid error is set if there is a problem with any
of them.  It would definitely be nice to be able to tell which of the
fields there is a problem with.

- Grant