[ic] Inktomisearch stock on ord/basket.html

Andrew Rich andrew at itdownunder.com.au
Mon Oct 18 07:30:29 EDT 2004

Hi All

RH 7.2
MYSQL 3.23.58
IC 5.3.0-200410080658
Perl 5.6.1

I have been having a problem of Inktomisearch getting stuck on our
ord/basket.html page.

I initially stopped it by adding an entry to robots.txt for
/cgi-bin/cartname/ord/basket.html and this pushed it off the page.

I then thought orders were reduced and removed the entry from
robots.txt.  Inktomisearch came back and became stuck on the page again.

I upgraded from 4.8.9 to 5.3 and again it is still getting stuck but no
session are generated now!

Last month I believe it generated an extra 18Gb of traffic!

This additional traffic has caused a few high traffic problems with
failed e-mail and pgp failures also.

We have removed all entries from robots.txt at the moment.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Andrew Rich