Betr.: [ic] User tracking

J van Dijk 'BV Kunststoffenindustrie Attema' j.vandijk at attema.nl
Thu Oct 21 07:56:50 EDT 2004

Hi Jamie,

Met vriendelijke groet,

Jan van Dijk
j.vandijk at attema.nl
B.V. Kunststoffenindustrie Attema
tel : 0183-650650 tst 674
fax: 0183-650751
www.attema.nl

>>> jamie at versado.net 21-10-04 12:53:27 >>>
>I've found the usertrack file very useful for both troubleshooting and

>generating accurate ROI stats etc. However when you're serving 500K
>pages per month it quickly grows unmanagable, so I've been rotating it

>once a month and compressing and archiving the old logs.

>This works ok but means that only the current months stats are easily

>available to me for producing reports. What I'd like to do is log the

>same kind of information to an SQL database which will (hopefully) be

>more scalable and faster/easier when generating reports.

>Has anyone done this and if so could they give me some tips? I was
>thinking about putting a block of perl in an Autoload, but I'm not
sure
>whether this is the best approach.

>--
>Jamie Neil | <jamie at versado.net> | 0870 7777 454
>Versado I.T. Services Ltd. | http://versado.net/ | 0845 450 1254

I see that you know quite well what you want, but I would like to
mention AWstats,
we use it for more than a year now and we (including our marketing
guys) are very excited
about it. It's easy to install and maintain and gives a lot of usefull
information.
It is available in many languages (even Dutch !) and of course it's
free.
If someone is intersetd, i can mail some real samples.

bye, Jan