[ic] reading a different sites cookes

Daniel Davenport ddavenport at newagedigital.com
Fri Oct 22 17:42:32 EDT 2004

>>> webteam at wes-state.com 10/22/04 04:03PM >>>
> Hello list,
>
> I have a problem reading cookies that isn't an IC derived cookie.
>
> I've used [read_cookie name='emah'] and other like code but I still
can't
> pull the value from the browser.
>
> [read_cookie name='MV_SESSION_ID'] does how ever work correctly.
>
> The cookie session in the browser is there
>
> any help would be appreciated
>
> Thanks
>
> Scott A

A browser won't let you have a cookie unless you're inside the cookie's
listed domain and path.

Turn your browser's cookie settings to "prompt" and when the other page
asks you to accept its cookie, click "more info" and check the settings
against the domain and path of Interchange.  If interchange's domain and
path don't at least have the same parts that the cookie's do, then there
are only two ways to get the cookie....either tell the other site to set
cookies that you can read, or hack the browser.  :P

Yeah, it's annoying.  But there are good reasons.  What if i could read
the session cookie for the online banking service you were just on?

/daniel