[ic] HELP - Inktomisearch stuck on ord/basket.html page

Jamie Neil jamie at versado.net
Tue Oct 26 08:06:40 EDT 2004

Andrew Rich wrote:
> So what do I make of this?  I try the above on the demo site and on our
> site with the same result.
>
> wget http://demo.icdevgroup.org/i/demo1/ord/basket.html
> --21:37:54--  http://demo.icdevgroup.org/i/demo1/ord/basket.html
>            => `basket.html'
> Resolving demo.icdevgroup.org... done.
> Connecting to demo.icdevgroup.org[69.57.146.17]:80... connected.
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 moved
> Location: http://demo.icdevgroup.org/i/demo1/ord/basket.html [following]
> http://demo.icdevgroup.org/i/demo1/ord/basket.html: Redirection cycle
> detected.
>
> This must be a new bug as I changed the site after the problem started!

It certainly looks like a bug to me.

This is the section with the problem:

	[calc]
		my $cname = $Config->{CookieName} || 'MV_SESSION_ID';
		$Scratch->{have_cookie} = $Tag->read_cookie($cname)
			and delete $Scratch->{tried};
		return;
	[/calc]
	[if scratch have_cookie]
	[elsif scratch tried]
     		[L CART_MSG1]You must have cookies set to leave the basket. Check
out now or forever lose your shopping cart.[/L]
	[/elsif]
	[else]
		[set tried]1[/set]
		[bounce href="[area ord/basket]"]
	[/else]
	[/if]

spiders have no session data so "tried" never gets set and they keep
getting bounced back to the basket.

Banning spiders from the basket is your best bet.

--
Jamie Neil | <jamie at versado.net> | 0870 7777 454
Versado I.T. Services Ltd. | http://versado.net/ | 0845 450 1254