[ic] Bug in $Tag->subtotal when items discounted?

Thomas J.M. Burton tom at globalfocusdm.com
Tue Oct 26 12:55:42 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I seem to have encountered a bug when using $Tag->subtotal in embedded
perl while items are discounted. The discounted prices are not being
used when the subtotal is called using perl. Example:

[discount 51005JT] $s * .75 [/discount]

[perl tables="products pricing"]

   my $stotal = $Tag->subtotal({name=> main, noformat => 1,});

   return $stotal;

[/perl]

The discounted price for the item is $6.75. I have one in my cart and
the discounts display correctly. The value returned by my perl script
shows a subtotal for the item at its regular price ($9).

The catalog's error.log says:

beads /cgi-bin/beads/process.html Discount for 51005JT has bad formula.
Not applied.
 > 'eval "string"' trapped by operation mask at (tag 'perl') line 1.
 >       (in cleanup) Undefined subroutine &main:: called at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.1/i386-linux/Safe.pm line 223.

However, if I first assign the subtotal to a scratch variable and use
that in my perl, it works fine. Like so:

[discount 51005JT] $s * .75 [/discount]
[tmp stot][subtotal noformat=1][/tmp]

[perl tables="products auscrystal pricing"]

   my $stotal = $Tag->scratch({name => stot,});

   return $stotal;

[/perl]

With the above approach, I get the correct subtotal and no error.log entry.

I can still accomplish what I'm doing using this alternat approach, but
I thought this was worth mentioning. If this has already been reported
or if it's not a bug and I'm just doing something wrong, please let me know.

Server Info:
     Interchange 5.0
     Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/2.0.47
     Mandrake Linux/6.3.92mdk