[ic] Import orders from external data

DB DB at M-and-D.com
Fri Oct 29 17:13:15 EDT 2004

In addition to the normal orders from my IC site, I also get orders from
an external non-IC source. These order contain all the info I need such
as name, address, items, payment info etc. They arrive in XML format,
but I can easily extract the data to some type of text format.. tab
delimited for example.

I'm running 4.8.9 but will soon be upgrading to 5.2 or whatever is
current when I get around to upgrading.

What would be the best way to convert these external orders into normal
orders in my IC site? I could import the data into the transactions and
orderline tables, but what about generating the order numbers? Any
advice or existing code?

DB