[ic] Mailing List vs. Message Board

Gary Norton gnorton at broadgap.com
Fri Oct 29 17:35:18 EDT 2004

>> I wanted to ask if there are any plans in the future to move from a
>> mailing list model to a message board structure.
>>
>> I find that for most of my research needs all my resources are
>> message board based or IRC. This is the only site that continues to
>> use mailing lists.
>>
>> Is there a specific reason that this site is not using message
>> boards? This is not meant to be antagonistic, but I find the message
>> board structure easier to navigate and prefer the default threading.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gary
>

> Do you know about the Interchange Support Forum?
> http://interchangeville.com/forum/index.php

Yes, I do visit the site, but as you can see by the numbers it doesn't
generate the type of traffic that the mailing list does. As such, it
doesn't have the same wealth of knowledge.

It is a very nice site and is well laid out. There is some very good
info there as well, just not as much as here.

-Gary