[ic] Secure Server?

Ed LaFrance (New Media E.M.S.) ic_users at newmediaems.com
Sat Oct 30 12:40:15 EDT 2004

At 11:16 PM 10/29/2004, you wrote:

>Im guessing my secure server is on a different machine..
>
>I call the main like this:
>http://www.worldtravelcheap.com/cgi-bin/foundation
>
>and secure server is https://ssl.perfora.net/worldtravelcheap.com
>
>on install I seen ALias I beleive I need to put in
>/worldtravelcheap.com/cgi-bin/foundation
>
>Will that work?

If it is truly on another machine, you are going to need a heck of a lot
more than just an alias. If it is on the same machine, but running as a
different virtual host, it is feasible to get it to work, but it is the
least desirable solution, and fraught with pitfalls. You really need SSL
for your own domain to get things working correctly.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          Ed.LaFrance at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax