[ic] Using IF to check [country-region]???

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Wed Sep 1 15:15:40 EDT 2004

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 interchange at tvcables.co.uk wrote:

> Today I am trying to build an IF based on country region, I have tried this:-
> [if value country-region ="Europe-EC"]
> do something.....
> [/if]
> But is doesn't work.

What is "country-region"? Is that actually a value you set somewhere?
Normally you'd name values variables with Perl-standard names, e.g. _
instead of - and the = operator is not valid either. You need 'eq' for
string comparisons:

[if value country_region eq "Europe-EC"]

But that's not going to do you any good if you don't set the
"country_region" value somewhere first ...

Jon Jensen
End Point Corporation
Software development with Interchange, Perl, PostgreSQL, Apache, Linux, ...