[ic] Too many new ID assignments for this IP address

Eric Bont eric_bont at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 2 10:41:50 EDT 2004

Hi all,

For months we have running a catalog for our customer without any problems
(Interchange 5.3.0). Suddenly our customer get a strange error. It seems
that the ip off our customer is blocked by Interchange.

IE6:
"no permission (403)"

Netscape:
"Too many new ID assignments for this address. Please wait at least 24 hours
before trying again. Only waiting that period will allow access.
Terminating."

Error log: (a lot of messages)
66.51.91.26 - - [02/September/2004:10:04:31 +0200] xxxx
/cgi-bin/xxxx/meoh320001.html Too many new ID assignments for this IP
address. Please wait at least 24 hours
>before trying again. Only waiting that period will allow access.
>Terminating.

Only the ip-adres for our customer is blocked by IC. Browsing from an other
ip-adress is working well. We use RobotLimit 100.

Maybe there is no address counter reset when there is page access for 30
sec?

We removed the address counter for this IP number  (
tmp/addr_ctr/6/2/62_58_92_66 ). After that everything works normal again.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

Eric Bont