[ic] mod_interchange and PHP

Joshua Lavin joshua at kingdomdesign.com
Tue Sep 7 12:19:15 EDT 2004

I'm using mod_interchange 1.3 with IC 5.2.0. Yesterday, I moved my
catalog location to "/", so my catalog is now at the root domain, with
no extra directory.

Previously, I had some files in the document root for apache that I
needed apache to serve. Since my catalog had a directory for the
location, they worked great.

Now, after moving to "/", I added the files and directories to the
OrdinaryFileList directive. And everything works fine, except for .php
extensions. They get downloaded, rather than processed.

I'm not sure what the problem might be, since you would think
mod_interchange would have already handed things over to apache. Other
php files on other hosts I serve with apache work fine.

Here's my mod_interchange config:
<Location />
   SetHandler interchange-handler
   InterchangeServer /usr/local/interchange-520/etc/socket
   DropRequestList /default.ida /x.ida /cmd.exe /root.exe
   OrdinaryFileList /images/ /style/ /robots.txt /favicon.ico /t.php
/shop/ /shop1/ /shop_dev/ /sm1/ /survey/
</Location>

You can see that I have 10 entries for OrdindaryFileList, the max. I
_did_ just recompile mod_interchange to allow for 15 such entries, but
then decided I could cut my number down to 10.

Test pages:

http://shopalert.us/sm1/
(very old catalog entrance)

http://shopalert.us/sm1/goof.php