[ic] item options

Nathan Barnett nbarnett at specialty-books.com
Tue Sep 7 16:17:22 EDT 2004

I have a scenario that is causing me headaches. If someone could steer
me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

I sell books and I want to have a new and used option for each book.
Currently I check for a used_price and a new_price in the products
database. Each item should have one ISBN and two prices. I have it
working properly to display the correct pricing in the results_buylist
component but I'm confused on how to set the orderline price to that
specific item based on if they choose used or new. Currently it keeps
the new price in the cart.

I did some reading and was thinking that the item options would best
suit me. I have many different databases with lots of items and I would
like to avoid setting special options for each item. Also the items are
changed often as well.

Is there a way to give all my items the used and new options and have it
carry through the order process with the correct price?

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help

-nate-

--