[ic] payment routines

Ed LaFrance (New Media E.M.S.) ic_users at newmediaems.com
Thu Sep 9 09:57:10 EDT 2004

At 03:29 PM 9/8/2004, you wrote:

>Hello List,
>
>Just a quick question on order route
>
>Which takes precedence....
>
>[charge mode=authorizenet id=YourAuthorizeNetID] and can this be placed with
>in the checkout page or does it go in log_transaction explicitly
>
>or
>
>Route authorizenet id YourAuthorizeNetID --> catalog.cfg
>
>or
>
>Variable MV_PAYMENT_ID      YourAuthorizeNetID  -->catalog.cfg
>
>I'm curious cause I need to use different payment routines depending on
>country that the order originates from
>

>Thanks
>
>Jeannie

I guess in your case it would make sense to use the [charge] tag in
etc/log_transaction entirely, ignoring payment routes and catalog
variables. So you could do something like:

[if value country eq US]
         [charge
                 mode=authorizenet
                 id=auth_id
                 secret=auth_pwd
                 transaction=trans_type
         ]
[elsif value country eq CA]
         [charge
                 mode=something_else
                 id=gateway_id
                 secret=gateway_pwd
                 transaction=trans_type
         ]
[/elsif]
[/if]

Parameters passed directly to [charge] should override anything in routes
or catalog variables (but it might be good idea to blank those out anyway).

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          Ed.LaFrance at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax