[ic] troubles with modified database

Jamie Neil jamie at versado.net
Fri Sep 10 13:34:39 EDT 2004

Patrick Donker wrote:
> That would be indeed a creative solution. But I also have to agree with
> you that something we both would like to implement is a rather basic
> functionality. I cant imagine that setting a value using a checkbox into
> a database isnt possible using IC. Why then would a checkbox function be
> implemented if it doesnt work...
> Maybe one of the IC gurus here have a solution?

If you are referring to the checkbox widget in the Admin UI then it does
work - the solution I proposed uses it.

To see an example, log into the IC demo
http://demo.icdevgroup.org/i/demo1/admin/ and check out the
"Shipping/Tax/Other" tab for any item - I added a control that displays
the option_type field as a checkbox that sets the value "Matrix" (or not).

Of course I may be getting the wrong end of the stick here...

--
Jamie Neil | <jamie at versado.net> | 0870 7777 454
Versado I.T. Services Ltd. | http://versado.net/ | 0845 450 1254