[ic] Cgi parameters with same name and ITL.

Ethan Rowe ethan at endpoint.com
Tue Sep 14 09:11:11 EDT 2004

Marco Mescoli wrote:

>How can i handle, with interchange tag, these cgi parameters ?
>If i print [cgi par] the result is '12' as concatenation of two value '1'
>and '2'.
>Can i distinguish from first and second value with ITL ?
You should be able to do this, I believe, though I'm not positive.  In
any case, when you have stacked values like this on a particular
variable, the values are munged into a single long value with a null
character as the delimiter.

If you want to treat this as an array of values, you can potentially get
at it with the [value-extended] tag.

I haven't used this tag much and it isn't necessarily clear from the
docs whether it's working on CGI-space values or Values-space values...

Anyway, I hope this helps you.

Ethan Rowe
End Point Corporation
ethan at endpoint.com