[ic] vertical category component help needed

Ed LaFrance (New Media E.M.S.) ic_users at newmediaems.com
Fri Sep 17 12:53:12 EDT 2004

At 07:24 AM 9/17/2004, you wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>The following block of code generates my links on the
>left hand nav:
>[loop
>         prefix=box
>         search="
>                 fi=area
>                 st=db
>                 tf=sort
>                 ac=0
>                 ac=0
>                 co=yes
>
>                 sf=sel
>                 op=eq
>                 se=[control set_selector left]
>
>                 sf=which_page
>                 op=rm
>                 se=[control page_class all|@@MV_PAGE@@]
>"]
>
>It ends up going to the results_buylist, but the
>results are not sorted in any meaningful fashion. I
>would like them sorted by category and description, so
>I changed the following line:
>tf=sort
>to be:
>tf=category,description
>
>However, this has not given me the desired effect on
>the resulting buylist page.
>
>Any help/guidance would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks!
>Mark

Just so you know, this has been answered before on this list: there is a
subroutine in VENROOT/catalog_before.cfg called bar_link which generates
the one-click searches which appear on your sidebar. The above only fetches
groups and categories for which those links will be built. If you want to
specify the sorting parameters, either edit the perl in that subroutine, or
build an advanced search for each record in your cat table, specifying all
the search terms (including results sorting) there. The bar_link routines
will be over-ridden in that case.

- Ed

Fair Oaks, CA  95628          Ed.LaFrance at newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (916) 961-0447 Fax