[ic] Replacing catalog_vertical

Patrick Donker list-account at webpagina.nu
Mon Sep 20 13:46:57 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I'd like to replace catalog_vertical with my 'own' menu
(http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/hvmenu/index.htm). I've tried
stripping everything form the component and replacing it with the code
from the mentioned link, but apparently things doesnt work that easy.
How would I go about to create my own vertical item list? I thought that
  a component was built up of html and/or itl? Is itl needed or is it
possible to only use html. If so, how come nothing shows up if I publish
my own code? I have placed the necessary .js's in /pages
If I place this code in a plain text.html file the menu shows up just
fine. What am I doing wrong??
Here the content of the modifies catalog_vertical:

[comment]
ui_name: category_vertical
ui_type: component
ui_class: vertical
ui_group: Navigation
ui_label: Vertical category list

page_class:
	advanced: 1
	db: area
	help: Defines which sets of items should be displayed
	label: Page class
	lookup: which_page
	type: select

set_selector:
	advanced: 1
	db: area
	help: Defines which sets of items should be displayed
	label: Page area selector
	lookup: sel
	type: select

timed:
	advanced: 1
	code: timed
	help: Makes more efficient for large/busy catalogs
	label: Use timed build
minutes, 1440=Daily
	type: select

[/comment]

<!-- BEGIN COMPONENT [control component category_vertical] -->

<script type='text/javascript'>
	function Go(){return}
</script>

<script type='text/javascript' src='exmplmenu_var.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='menu_com.js'></script>
<noscript>Your browser does not support script</noscript>

<!-- END COMPONENT [control component category_vertical] -->