[ic] Replacing catalog_vertical

Tom Luong tluon002 at lions.odu.edu
Mon Sep 20 22:04:28 EDT 2004

From: Patrick Donker <list-account at webpagina.nu>

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to replace catalog_vertical with my 'own' menu
> (http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/hvmenu/index.htm). I've tried
> stripping everything form the component and replacing it with the code
> from the mentioned link, but apparently things doesnt work that easy.
> How would I go about to create my own vertical item list? I thought that
>   a component was built up of html and/or itl? Is itl needed or is it
> possible to only use html. If so, how come nothing shows up if I publish
> my own code? I have placed the necessary .js's in /pages
> If I place this code in a plain text.html file the menu shows up just
> fine. What am I doing wrong??
> Here the content of the modifies catalog_vertical:

 first off, when you call the page up, did you remember to add the component
to the page itself,  go under the design tab in the AdminUI and make sure
the "vertical category" is selected as the component.
if that still doesnt work then ask yourself
Did you retype everything from scratch?.  including the heading ...ui_name,
etc. if so, there may be an extra character there that is not seen on most
editors. (I had this problem and it took me forvever to see.)  Download the
component from the adminUI (will only work with the one download from the
UI) and open it in Notepad.  see if there is an extra invisible character
there in the heading. if so delete and reupload it.

FYI, if you wish to have only html, you may use just html.

Tom