[ic] Rh9 perl5.8 search failure

Ethan Rowe ethan at endpoint.com
Wed Sep 29 07:09:59 EDT 2004

Aaron Rubin wrote:

>Hey everyone,
>
>  I'm putting up a new site and am setting up using Rh9 perl5.8
>postgresql (sharing the database with out other store)
>It worked for a while, then suddenly all static pages which use
>search-region return missing pages with "Sorry, the page
>(error/HTTP_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR.html.var) was not found", nothing in
>the local or global error logs and "Premature end of script headers:
>catalog" in httpd/error_log
>  I rebuilt perl using perl-kitchensink-5.8.0-rh9, reinstalled
>interchange, redid the pgsql/conf and everything ran fine for about a
>day (site isn't live, I was using it though, putting in the signio
>information and testing credit card transactions) and then the same
>thing happened. All pages that include [search-region] and scan type
>searched always fail and always return Premature end of script headers:
>catalog in httpd/error_log.
>  The products table we use has many added and renamed fields from the
>foundation store.
>  All non search pages including flypage work fine and orders can be
>placed.
>  Any ideas?
>
>aaron

Just a wild guess, but does the interchange catalog in question possibly
have any entries in its error.log file making noise about bad or missing
search objects?

When you use the search functions of Interchange, it puts the results of
the initial search query into a paging file (to/from which the search
information is saved/loaded on subsequent page views).  When you browse
through the results, the paging file is used for providing the results,
rather than re-executing the original query (I think).  If you can place
orders, then your connection to PostgreSQL is presumably okay.
Therefore, I wonder if something's amiss with the paging file aspect of it.

--
Ethan Rowe
End Point Corporation
ethan at endpoint.com