[ic] Performance effects of using $Tag in usertag

JT Justman jt at airdelights.com
Thu Apr 7 15:16:23 EDT 2005

Hello, everyone. Sorry if this has been covered - the search doesn't
differentiate between 'tag' and '$Tag' and so I got lots of general
performance ideas, but nothing specifically on $Tag.

I'm writing two usertags that will be used very often - 10+ times on
every page. I want to have two different tags which are very similar and
a reasonable way to do that would be to call one tag from the other. My
question is, though, is there a lot of overhead associated with $Tag
calls? Would I be better served to re-use my code in a different way?
Thanks for any advice!

JT Justman