[ic] Using Interchange as a SOAP server

Chris Sendall cjs2 at admin.cam.ac.uk
Tue Apr 12 11:47:48 EDT 2005

Hi

This is my first post to this list - we are looking at Interchange for
e-Commerce at Cambridge (UK).

I have created a copy of the foundation store on an internal server and set it
up UK settings and using ePDQ for payments. This is called foundcscp. The url is
http://milton.internal.admin.cam.ac.uk:81/foundcscp/ but this is not available
from outside my department.

[One catch when using copy of foundation was the link to images is replaced a
real folder which meant that uploaded images for new items did not get 'copied']

Anyway I am now trying to access this store via Soap. I followed the
instructions in http://ftp.icdevgroup.org/interchange/contrib/soap.html and
created a modified script which looks like this:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use SOAP::Lite;

my $cat = 'foundcscp';
my $id = 'ABCDEFGH:soap';

my $Tag = SOAP::Lite
            -> uri('http://milton.internal.admin.cam.ac.uk/Vend/SOAP')
            -> proxy("http://milton.internal.admin.cam.ac.uk:7780/$cat/$id");

my $login_opt = {
    username => 'cjs2',
    password => 'cjs2',
    function => 'login'
    };
my $ok = $Tag->userdb( $login_opt )->result;

print "[$ok]\n" if $ok;

if($ok) {
    print "Successful login.\n";
    print "First name is " . $Tag->value('fname')->result;
}
else {
    print "FAILED login.\n";
}

Login always fails. I can telnet to port 7780 and get a response.

There is a line in Chapter 12 of
http://www.linuxia.de/Documentation/Interchange/ch12s02.html

which says "Any catalog accessible with SOAP needs ...a catalog alias with a
single slash, like /soapdemo.

Is this the problem?

Has anyone out there got the userdb logon to work to a localhost server? I have
tried the example given (developer.akopia.com) but it is refusing connections.

Thanks in advance

Chris

--

Chris Sendall
MISD, First Floor, Greenwich House, Madingley Rise, Madingley Road, Cambridge,
e-mail:cjs2 at admin.cam.ac.uk