[ic] Using Interchange as a SOAP server

Dr. Michael Streubel michael.streubel at ibizplanet.com
Thu Apr 14 05:14:10 EDT 2005

Mike Heins wrote:

>Quoting Chris Sendall (cjs2 at admin.cam.ac.uk):
>>If there are no SOAP_Control definitions in interchange.cfg then the catalog.cfg
>>is not checked
>Exactly as designed. Since the SOAP module allows direct subroutine
>calls to the Interchange core, we don't want to allow them unless
>they are specifically enabled.
>If you want a promiscuous server then you need to put in interchange.cfg:
>	SOAP_Control Tag  always
>If you wanted to prevent only a few tags you would do:
>	SOAP_Control Tag 	    always
>	SOAP_Control Tag/writefile  never
>	SOAP_Control Tag/dangerous  never
Thanks for elucidating. But how about the reverse? I want a server with
closed borders,
but only one of my catalogs opens the door for a specific tag.

If, in the global config, you say

             SOAP_Control Tag local

then the catalog config doesn't have any impact.
If you say
        SOAP_Control Tag never

you're done and if you don't say anything in the global config, existing
doesn't look at the catalog config any more.

Dr. Michael Streubel
IBP Providers Ltd.
Schlossallee 30
65388 Schlangenbad-Georgenborn