[ic] IC & PHP?

Jeff Fearn jefffearn at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 11:17:17 EDT 2005

On 4/18/05, Cameron G <ritontor at icenet.com.au> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've just gotten a hold of a quite extensive affiliate system, capable of
> handling multiple affiliates across multiple sites seamlessly, but there's a
> catch - the code for the receipt page is all PHP. Do any of you know if it's
> even possible to get some PHP embedded in an IC page parsed? It's got me
> stumped for ideas right now. I guess I can get the affiliate guys to write
> the receipt page code in javascript, but that's not really ideal either - it
> opens it to abuse, as usually you have what amounts to a HTTP GET with
> cleartext, obvious variables, leaving it wide open to abuse from affiliates
> who'd like the odd extra sale here and there...

I'd imagine that embedding PHP into IC, or vica-versa, would be
extremely slow if at all possible.

You wouldn't convert PHP to JS, you'd convert it to Perl. JS is client
side, PHP is server side. Perl would be much easier to integrate in to
IC as well.

Beware the great sin of PHP, intergrating layout and functionality ... D'oh!

Jeff