[ic] Shipping Method Popup/Message

ZanDAhaR allan at zandahar.net
Tue Apr 19 23:04:58 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I have been looking around on the mailing lists etc for some info on how to
make either a popup or message appear when a customer picks a certain
shipping method or country. We are in Australia and the customer it belongs
to uses a local courier for shipping inside aust or Australia post. Not sure
what they are wanting to use for shipping to any other countries as yet but
basically they do not want to use ups or fedex type shipping thats
automactically calculated by state/country/zip code.

I have been able to create a shipping method for all other countries in
Australia but I cannot make it display a message and I cannot give it a 0
value. Either im entering it in wrong or I have the wrong idea about
Shipping messages. Basically we want to have a 0 cost for international
shipping with a popup that says "you will be notified of the shipping charge
once it is calculated blah blah"

Not sure if thats something you would do per country or for the shipping
mode. Also want another popup that appears if the shipping mode COD is
picked by the user as this is also calculated based on weight and
destination etc so the same deal here.

I'm guess something like if mv_shipmode=intl  or cod then display whatever.
We'd prefer a java popup then nobody can say they didnt see it but if it
cant be done then a message under the shipping method would be fine.

If anyone could help us out it would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Allan