[ic] Calling my version of UserDB module

Tim Good tim.g at edsd.com
Mon Apr 25 12:42:40 EDT 2005

Behalf
> Of Kevin Walsh
> Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 10:27 AM
> To: interchange-users at icdevgroup.org
> Subject: RE: [ic] Calling my version of UserDB module
>

> Tim Good [tim.g at edsd.com] wrote:
> > I have made some changes to the UserDB module.
> > rather than having to adjust all catalogs, I
> > copied the Vend/UserDB to Vend/UserDBC and created
> > UserTags/userdbc.tag as follows:
> > UserTag userdbc              Order        function
> > UserTag userdbc              addAttr
> > UserTag userdbc              attrAlias    table db
> > UserTag userdbc              attrAlias    name nickname
> > UserTag userdbc              PosNumber    1
> > UserTag userdbc              Version      $Revision: 1.3
$
> > UserTag userdbc              MapRoutine
> > Vend::UserDBC::userdb
> >
> > When I call the tag in a page:
> > "[set name=done int][userdbc function=logout
> clear=1][/set]" I get the
> > folling error.
> >
> > new_account.html Runtime error: Undefined subroutine
> > &Vend::UserDBC::userdb called at
> > /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Parse.pm line 795.
> >
> > Can someone point out what I am missing?
> >
> Did you change the line that reads "package Vend::UserDB"
in
> your custom module?
>
> Also, why did you feel the need to create your own UserDB
> module? If you post your patches here then either (1) a
> different method could be suggested that will so the same
> thing or (2) the patches might make it into Interchange
5.3,
> so you can use the standard module when you next upgrade.

> Well, there's a (3) where we agree that you need to be
using
> your own module, but that's rare.
>
> You should be aware that there are several core modules
which
> specifically use Vend::UserDB.  This might cause you some
> grief in the future, depending upon the changes you made
and

kevin at cursor.biz
> _/   _/  _/_/_/_/      _/    _/_/_/  _/    _/

Kevin,

First: I am test code before I post change requests and
system is live
so did not want to disrupt other catalogs while testing.
When finished
testing I always post code.

Thanks for warning on other areas using UserDB module, I
have taken that
into consideration. In this case I have an account which
need the abiltiy
to save event info with user account creation. I am looking
at adding this
to the sub "new_account" so new field "event_id" is added
when new account
is created. I will post more details as I sort out the bugs.

Cheers,
Tim