[ic] Declined transactions fee? (off topic - sort of)

Marty Tennison marty at sediva.com
Mon Apr 25 20:57:31 EDT 2005

Hi Group,

This is sort of off topic but I thought it might be worth posting in
case anyone else has the same question.

This is in regards to merchant accounts and processing fees.
Specifically, the "per transaction fee" ($0.20 per transaction in our
case) that is charged.  My understanding was that this fee is only
applied when a transaction (sale, credit or auth) is successful however,
I'm now finding out that it is applied for either a successful or
declined transaction.

The question is, are any of you paying the "per transaction fee" for
declined transactions?  Or is this just another way for our merchant
bank to try and make some money.

Thanks in advance for any input.
--
Marty Tennison