[ic] Checkout page error with 'selectedIndex' & 'elements'

music at labyrinth.net.au music at labyrinth.net.au
Mon Aug 1 19:47:14 EDT 2005

> Problem Caracteristics:
>
> 1 - If I change shipping option, it will not refresh/recalculate the
> total
> price unless I press the cart's recalculate button on the page.

I am fairly sure this is the default behaviour of the express checkout page
and the foundation store has been like this for a few years.
Not sure if it is a bug or not but to get around it I have been adding an
'Update Shipping' button to our checkout page alongside the 'Recalculate'
button.
Our 'Update Shipping' has the exact same functionality as the 'Recalculate'
button however I believe it needs to be there to avoid confusion.

(And no this isn't my idea, I noticed someone else has got around the issue
using this method when going through the IC Hall of Fame!)