[ic] Unlimited Category Tree Menu

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Fri Aug 5 10:12:43 EDT 2005

Quoting Marty Tennison (marty at sediva.com):
> Michael McInally wrote:
> >Has anybody developed an unlimited category tree menu?
> >
> >I would have tables like:
> >
> >categories
> >ID
> >name
> >
> >category_relation
> >ID
> >parent_ID
> >child_ID
> >
> >Which would result in:
> >
> >Tools
> >     Power Tools
> >          Drills
> >               Hammer Drills
> >                    Product 1
> >                    Product 2
> >               Finishing Drills
> >                    Product 3
> >          Circular Saws
> >     Hand Tools
> >          Shovels
> >               Product 4
> >               Product 5
> >

> >Is there an easy way to pull this off in Interchange, or will I need to
> >code it?
> >

> There is nothing in Interchange (that I am aware of) that will handle
> this, so you'll need to code it.

I think the 5.x [tree ...] and the menu editor handles it nicely. You do
have to build the tree, of course, but you can do it automatically
with the menu loader by using comb_category, or you can do it manually
in the admin's menu editor.

--
Mike Heins

I don't want to get to the end of my life and find I have just
lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as
well. -- Diane Ackerman