[ic] Credit card number corruption

Bob Puff bob at nleaudio.com
Fri Dec 9 02:11:43 EST 2005

Hello all,

Using an older 4.6 version of IC that has been running great up until this
morning.  Now, when an order comes through, the PGP-encrypted credit card number
has about 12k of garbage in it.  All sorts of weird characters, looks like a lot
of VT100 type command strings... some strings from IC, etc... Buried in almost
the last part of the junk is the credit card number.

 From looking at the logs, the one thing I noticed is this from the error log:

> 70.96.210.122 NnVksvv3:70.96.210.122 - [09/December/2005:01:49:32 -0500] tlistor
> e /solux/cgi-bin/tlistore/ord/checkout.html search error: Limit subroutine creat
> ion: bad limit creation code in coordinated search, probably search group withou
> t search specification. at /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Search.pm line 703.

No errors are displayed to the customer, and everything else appears ok.

There was a small mod done to checkout.html (purely cosmetic), but I tried
restoring the original from a backup, no difference.

Any ideas?  Places to look?  Why would a search be being called from checkout?

Bob