[ic] Problems with calling [userdb] within embedded Perl

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Fri Dec 9 11:14:27 EST 2005

Quoting Stefan Hornburg (Racke) (racke at linuxia.de):
> Hello,
>
> one of my customers has a complex login procedure. Therefore I'm doing it in
> embedded Perl within the login profile.
>
> All that worked without problems until the customer wants to save and
> restore
> the cart.
>
> Now login is no longer possible for users with saved carts:

None of this has changed -- it should never have been possible
with saved carts.

> Bad structure in carts: Bad structure in carts: 'require' trapped by
> operation mask at (tag 'perl') line 1. (in cleanup) Undefined subroutine
> &main:: called at /usr/lib/perl/5.8/Safe.pm line 235.
>
> Responsible for this problem is the reval in the Vend::UserDB::get_hash
> routine:

It might make sense to use Vend::Util::string_to_ref instead
of the direct reval call.

--
Mike Heins

Unix version of an Outlook-style virus:
It works on the honor system. Please forward this message to everyone
you know, and delete a bunch of your files at random.