[ic] Forms Validation

doug1 at ultimatepassage.com doug1 at ultimatepassage.com
Fri Dec 9 22:11:17 EST 2005

Perhaps someone here can steer me in the right direction.

I am setting up a store using 5.3.2.  We are using the beta version because of the composite primary key functionality afforded to us in 5.3.2.

In earlier versions of interchange, we used to do forms validation in the form instead of in the etc/order_profile by doing something like:
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_todo VALUE=return>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_form_profile VALUE=Check_form>

then, we did [set] block  "Check_form" like so:

[set Check_form]
&success=index
&fail=@@MV_PAGE@@
field_1=required
field_2=required
&fatal=1
field_3=required
[/set]

This does not seem to work anymore.  At one time I remember this logic existed in the checkout page.  Can someone tell me if this still works or has this been deprecated?

Thanks,
Bruce