[ic] ichiro as RobotUA

John1 list_subscriber at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 19 05:43:25 EST 2005

On Monday, December 19, 2005 7:34 AM, jefffearn at gmail.com wrote:

> On 12/19/05, Kevin Walsh <kevin at cursor.biz> wrote:
>> murahashi at ayayu.com wrote:
>>> Please add 'ichiro' on RobotUA list in interchange.cfg.
>>> ichiro is UA from goo.ne.jp which is developed Japanese local search
>>> engine by NTT.
>>>
>>> I found much access from the robot goo.ne.jp on several IC sites.
>
> I recommend you add this to the robots list!
>
> http://www.robotstxt.org/wc/active.html

Thanks for the link to this list Jeff!

Does anyone know:

1) Is RobotUA case sensitive (I presume that it is)?

2) Does it allow for a space in the robot name.  e.g.can one put ...,
DownloadLoad Express, ...

3) Is the RobotUA list a list of regular expressions. e.g. should one put
..., Ahoy! The Homepage Finder, ... or ..., Ahoy\! The Homepage Finder, ...

4) Are there any other characters to be avoided in RobotUA.  e.g. can one
put ..., EI*Net/0.1  libwww/0.1, ...

5) Is there much of a performance hit by adding an exhaustive list of Robots
to RobotUA.  If a robot is an unimportant search engine, does it really
matter if they are omitted from the RobotUA list.  i.e. Does it really
matter if unimportant robots are given SessionIDs?

Thanks