[ic] custom widgets

Ron Phipps rphipps at reliant-solutions.com
Fri Dec 23 18:43:33 EST 2005

I'm answering my own question :)

To add a custom widget create a file such as the following in

CodeDef testwidget Widget 1
CodeDef testwidget Description Test Widget
CodeDef testwidget Routine <<EOR
sub {
        return "test";

And in mv_metadata add the following to the bottom of

testwidget=Test Widget

IC will use the value before the equals sign as the sub to call for
handling of the widget.  In this widget's case it will just return the
value "test".