[ic] Accessing $Db or $Sql in Jobs?

Jeff Fearn jefffearn at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 20:41:07 EST 2005

Hi, how do you make $Db or $Sql accessable to usertags run using the
jobs functionality?

I have a job which uses a new usertag, however $Db and $Sql are empty.

I have used $Db and $Sql in another usertag; which is used in the
order routing; without a problem. I am assuming this is something to
do with this tag being used via the job queue ... this may be a very
bad assumption :}

I have tried setting "AllowGlobal foundation" in interchange.cfg,
which I really don't want to do, with no effect.

The job just contains:

[x12_945]

The tag code is:
UserTag x12_945 Routine <<EOR
sub
{
        # Make sure we have the EDI module installed
        eval
        {
                use X12::Base;
        };

        if($@)
        {
                ::logError("Could not load X12::Base Module. X12-945
processing failed!\n");
                return(1);
        }

        # Both of these always die
        my $dbh = $Sql{orderline} or die("No SQL orderline database!\n");
        my $ref = $Db{orderline} or die("No orderline database!\n");

}

TIA, Jeff.