[ic] Auto-create of user failed

Andrew Rich andrew at mapsdownunder.com.au
Thu Jan 6 07:43:31 EST 2005

> > > I have now seen the below happen on two separate sites.
> > >
> > > Both sites are running 5.3
> > >
> > > I believe the problem is caused by the user trying to
> > > complete the order without a post code.
> > >
> > > Has anyone had similar problems.
> > >
> > > 193.1.100.105 JUooP59X:193.1.100.105 -
> > > [05/January/2005:21:47:16 +3500] sugarfree
> > > /cgi-bin/sugarfree/process Safe: Auto-create of user failed.
> > > at (tag 'perl') line 1.

> > > 193.1.100.105 JUooP59X:193.1.100.105 -
> > > [05/January/2005:21:47:16 +3500] sugarfree
> > > /cgi-bin/sugarfree/process Route log failed.
> > > 193.1.100.105 JUooP59X:193.1.100.105 -
> > > [05/January/2005:21:47:16 +3500] sugarfree
> > > /cgi-bin/sugarfree/process ERRORS on ORDER :
> > > 2000.
> > > >

> > Yep, happened to me lots of times. Sometimes it's been because the
user
> > table already had a user with the username in it, and other times
> > it's been
> > for reasons that I still am yet to deduce from the forensic
evidence.
> It's
> > really quite frustrating. Sorry I haven't got anything more helpful
> > suggest, but you're definitely not alone.
>
> Password too short or missing (based on zip code) is the usual
problem.
> Password must be four or more characters which is why altering the
code in
> etc/log_transaction to prefix with four characters has been suggested.
>
> We use auto-generation of random passwords which gets around this.
>
> It is also possible to create this problem during a site migration. If
the
> username counter gets out of sync with the userdb so that it tries to
> create
> a username which already exists.
>
> Jonathan.

Thank you Jonathan for your reply.

Joachim suggested the mv_password=pass[value zip] in log_transaction as
a work around but I am interested in the auto-generation of random
passwords.

As I said in my reply to Joachim I seem to be slow in the uptake on this
so!
What code would be required to change from the zip to the random
generation?

I am very sure it is not that record id already existing problems as it
has only occurred the 2 times.  One of these on a new site and the other
was 100 or so orders ago.

Regards,
Andrew Rich
Maps Downunder