[ic] Accessing $Db or $Sql in Jobs?

Ethan Rowe ethan at endpoint.com
Fri Jan 7 13:33:25 EST 2005

For the record, to get access to the equivalent of $Sql at the global level:

my $db = ::database_exists_ref( $some_tablename )
    or die("Couldn't get a handle to the table '$some_tablename'!");

my $dbh = $db->dbh();

Then you can use the grand DBI functions like
my $sth = $dbh->prepare( "SELECT something FROM somewhere WHERE somehow
= ?" );

At least, that's what a code read of the SQL_Ledger perl module suggests...

--
Ethan Rowe
End Point Corporation
ethan at endpoint.com