[ic] Removing session ID from the URL

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 23:17:08 EST 2005

I'm experimenting with Google AdSense and Google sees
/page.html?id=abcd as a page not in its index although /page.html is.
This means it serves the default (non-targeted) ad to any page
accessed with a session ID in the URL.  I realize the id must be in
the URL to provide functionality for users not accepting session
cookies, but I think that's a tiny fraction at this point.  Is there
any way to disable the id?  Should I use Rewrite rules for this?

- Grant