[ic] Removing session ID from the URL

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Tue Jan 11 13:08:41 EST 2005

Quoting Grant (emailgrant at gmail.com):
> > > It looks like IC usually appends a session ID to all links on the
> > > first page of the session.  If IC gets a session cookie back from the
> > > user after that, it keeps the session IDs out of the links.  Is there
> > > any way to keep IC from appending session IDs right away?
> >
> > If you don't want a session ID ever to appear in the URL, you can set this
> > in catalog.cfg:
> >
> > ScratchDefault  mv_no_session  1
>
> What a treat!  Thank you!  This means I don't have to maintain Robot*
> anymore if I can count on mv_pc not showing up.

Hmm.

I don't think that is a safe statement -- a great deal of the benefit of
using Robot* is that there is no session assigned and you don't have
the hit on disk writing and storage.

I guess I still don't understand the problem. Are you saying that
even when the UserAgent is seen as a robot, we are putting session ids
in?

WRT the id= thing, you can remove that alias from the equation by
editing ICROOT/etc/vars.

--
Mike Heins

p.s. sorry for lower case, injured hand

I don't want to get to the end of my life and find I have just
lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as
well. -- Diane Ackerman