[ic] Threaded Perl - Fedora Core 3

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Fri Jan 14 11:26:24 EST 2005

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/2/SRPMS/perl-5.8.3-1
8.src.rpm

>> rpm -ivh perl-5.8.3-18.src.rpm
>>
>> cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
>>
>> vi perl.spec
>>
>> Find the line that says "%define threading 1" and change it to
>> "%define threading  0".
>>
>> yum install db4-devel
>>
>> rpmbuild -ba perl.spec
>>
>> rpm --force -ivh  /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/perl*.rpm

Thanks.  This was brilliant.  The only things I had to do differently were:
1) change "...2/SRPMS/perl-5.8.3-18.src.rpm" to
"...3/SRPMS/perl-5.8.5-9.src.rpm"
2) yum install rpm-build (since I didn't have that installed)
3) yum install gdbm-devel (which is a perl dependency I didn't have)

The only other problem I had was that some installed modules (DBI and
DBD-MySQL, for example) were in i386-linux-thread-multi instead of
i386-linux (of course, since they were installed when that was the right
location.  I reinstalled them and things seem to be working.

--
Henry