[ic] Session "Uneval" Mechanism

Andrew Shelansky andrew at lunsfordgroup.com
Fri Jan 14 18:51:27 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 11:27, Andrew Shelansky wrote:

> I've been having trouble for some time... basically, my issue is that if
> I have two session entries whose values are both references to the same
> object, after a uneval / eval cycle (basically, between returning a page
> and getting the next request), something "breaks", and the two session
> entries end up pointing to seperate copies of the objects instead of
> pointing to the same object.
>
> This is causing problems for me, as I have some really complex data
> structures sitting in the session.
>
> My suspicion is that, despite my best efforts, Interchange is not using
> Storable as its uneval mechanism for writing sessions to disk.
[snip]

I know it's bad form to reply to myself, but... I 'm going to show bad
form and do it anyway.

Well, I was right.  The session files look the the output of
Data::Dumper, so its obviously not using Storable.  Storable sessions
looked more like "garbage" than a Dumper output...  I still haven't been
able to figure out *why* Storable isn't being used.  Other than the
_session_storable file and uncommenting that one line in
/bin/interchange, does anyone know what else could cause Storable not to
be used?

Storable 2.09, Perl 5.8.3, RHEL 3 (WS)

Thanks,

-- Andrew