[ic] Merchant accounts in Switzerland

Stefan Hornburg racke at linuxia.de
Sat Jan 15 05:54:47 EST 2005

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 08:50:20 +0100
Norbert Crettol <norbert at crettol.ch> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I'm new to Interchange. I'm new to this mailing list too. I've
> looked around for an e-commerce package for a long time now,
> played with zope/plone, with oscommerce. But I'm more familiar
> with perl and postgres and the architecture of interchange
> looks clearer to me. I've followed this mailing list for
> some time, read the doc. Wow, there's a lot of stuff. It's
> very dense. I'm currently playing with the foundation.

You may take a look at the new sample catalog (standard) as well,
checkout the online demo at http://www.icdevgroup.org/.

> I'd like to know if there's people out there that have
> experience using Interchange in a Swiss environment, i.e.
> regarding :
> - currencies (CHF)

No big deal, try something similar in your catalog.cfg:

# Locale settings
DefaultLocale de_CH
Locale de_CH p_cs_precedes 0
Locale de_CH p_sep_by_space 0
Locale de_CH frac_digits 2
Locale de_CH mon_decimal_point ,
Locale de_CH mon_thousands_sep .
Locale de_CH currency_symbol " CHF"

> - languages (french, german and italian)

The online demo has a "Language" menu item to switch between
different languages. Interchange has complete support for
multiple languages, but we are still working to modify the
sample catalog in order to get a German version finished.

> - swiss banks or post merchant accounts

I don't know about that, but ask your bank first which
payment gateways they support.

With regards

	Racke

Interchange Development Team