[ic] Shipping Method Madness

Gary Norton gnorton at broadgap.com
Mon Jan 17 12:49:00 EST 2005

>>Barry,
>>
>>I forget how they get there trough the Admin GUI, but there is shipping
>>mode fields in the states table.  Put the appropiate mode in each
>>state.  I've never used it this way but I've seen the logic in the
>>Interchange code that makes it work.
>>
>>--
>>
>>Sincerely,
>>
>>Duane Hinkley
>>Down Home Web Design, Inc.
>>(208) 424-0572 Fax(208) 587-0738
>>
>>duane at downhomewebdesign.com
>>www.downhomewebdesign.com

>  Hmmm , all I see is shipping and tax methods per Country, still looking
>though. If this is fact it would make what I need done very easy. Thanks for
>your reply , this would give me a good alternative if I can figure out per
>State.
>

>-barry

If you go into the Table Editor you should see the states table (or use
any sql client). Just add the shipping mode you need for the appropriate
states and it will override the country setting. We have this in
particular for AK and HI as you cannot ship ground there 8).

Since FL is the exception rather than the rule I would probably set the
Over $350 rule up on the country (US) and then set FL on the $250 rule.
That would be the least amount of work for you to maintain as state
overrides country methods when they exist.

-Gary