[ic] Unruly Tree Menu

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Mon Jan 17 15:21:06 EST 2005

Hi All,

I've got a strange problem with the menu system. Instead of outputing
nice, neat menu system in tree mode I'm getting the following:

Christian Living

I started with the following config.

- Interchange 5.2.0
- blank store (no preloading of items or order)
- Before loading any items I made some minor mods to the "products"
datatable by adding three fields, and then   editing the "create new
item" Admin UI page to accomodate those extra fields.
- I've followed the procedure for adding new items to the letter:
	a. add the item
	b. load the menu through menu configurator and publish the menu
	c. On Miscellaneous tab->Layout Auto-populate I chose "yes" to
over-write all the
             entries that were previously in there.
	d. applied changes
	e. when that didn't do the trick I even restarted Interchange from the
commandline as
             the interchange user. (interch)

Still, I'm getting a mess instead of the tree menu. I've got far too
many items since this is a storefront for a book publisher to use the
simple mode menu system.

Can anyone suggest to me what I might be doing wrong or if there's
something I've missed?

"If you have found a very wise man, then you've found
a man that at one time was an idiot and lived long enough
to learn from his own stupidity."