[ic] Error 143 during make

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Tue Jan 18 19:13:49 EST 2005

Quoting David Logan (david at lcscreative.com):
> Hi Folks,
>
> I've just started to look at interchange version 5.2.0. I am a relative
> newbie to the product and am trying to set it up on a test server of
> identical configuration to the proposed production server.
>
> Solaris 2.9 - SPARC
> Perl 5.8.5
> Apache 2.0.50
> Interchange 5.2.0
>
> I am receiving an error 143 during the configure/make process. I've been
> googling and note there have been a couple of issues with Solaris and IC
> in the past with no responses on how to fix?
>
> I'm hoping somebody out there is able to shed a little light on the subject.

Not many people are using IC on Solaris these days -- there won't be
much info. You would need to find out what that error is, as I recall it
is a socket error (you can find it in /usr/include/sys/errno.h). That
may mean you have a firewall blocking TCP port 8786 where the test is
done.

My guess is that you just do a "make install" anyway, then use UNIX
mode -- and it will work.

--
Mike Heins

p.s. sorry for lower case, injured hand

If you like what you're gettin', keep doin' what you're doin'. -- Hector