[ic] Category and Area for 5.3

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Wed Jan 26 15:02:23 EST 2005

Lawrence Tartol wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I've been looking to add Areas and Categories in 5.3 through the 'Layout
> Editor'
> Checked msql for these tables though my webmin interface. No such tables.
> I see this in my store error.log  /cgi-bin/okok/process search error: search
> file 'area' is not a valid database reference.
> I've basically been 4.8 user decided to give devel 5.3 a try, still trying
> to figure out how this set new up works, and where the templates and
> components live.
> Are there any docs on the new layout of the admin side of the catalog? I've
> set up the foundation store and would like to start populating it, but I'm
> not sure whether this is a bug or I just haven't discovered how the new
> admin side of the catalog works.
>
>  Lawrence

Hi Lawrence,

I noticed that too when I first took a look at IC5.3. I don't think
this version uses the "areas" table because it doesn't get created
when installing interchange or during catalog creation. I was
getting those errors as well until I created the area table
according the table specs from an IC5.2 installation. The error went
away, but IC5.3 doesn't appear to use it for anything.

--
Mark

"If you have found a very wise man, then you've found
a man that at one time was an idiot and lived long enough
to learn from his own stupidity."