[ic] Sales Tax calculation, annual tabulation, and reporting

Barry Treahy, Jr. Treahy at MMaz.com
Fri Jan 28 14:37:31 EST 2005

Well folks, we've been assimilated and as a result of that, we must
start collecting sales tax down to a gnats ass for all 50 states, as
well as tabulate year-to-date collections, and then report on that
annually.  I presume that the simplest methods is to drive taxing based
on the ship-to zip code, and I haven't any issue with making IC do that,
the challenge is getting the tax tables in that detail of a format.

How do you US domestic folks deal with this? do you have an open source
solution or are in using a bolt-on commercial product for these
lookups?  Either way, I'd appreciate feedback on your successes, and
also on who to avoid, and for commercial solutions, what I can expect to
get hammered with upfront, and on-going...

Regards,

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr                     E-mail: Treahy at MMaz.com
Midwest Microwave, Inc.                  Phone: 480/314-1320

                       ... but it's a DRY HEAT!