[ic] Install DBD::mysql w/o root-help

interchange at tvcables.co.uk interchange at tvcables.co.uk
Fri Jan 28 20:18:30 EST 2005

Hi Folks,

I have tried to find the answer to installing DBD::mysql on a remote server
without root but so far have failed. Most answers seem to imply that
mysql-devel is required but I presume I cannot install this as a user.

I have tried a cpan and manual install of the module but both fail. I also tried
a cpan force install where some of the errors were user not allowed access with
password=no. Is there a way to set a password when using a cpan install? I was
using:-

perl -MCPAN -e 'force install DBD::mysql'

Is there any way around this or do I try and persuade the host to install
mysql-devel on the server? Would that fix it??

Thanks,
Andy.