[ic] Adding a system wide module

Jeff Fearn jefffearn at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 19:44:25 EST 2005

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 06:37:18 -0800, Ed LaFrance (New Media LLC)
<ic_users at newmediaems.com> wrote:
> At 09:16 PM 1/30/2005, you wrote:
>
> >Hi, I want to allow the Date::Calc modules functions to be used in the
> >HTML pages on my site. Is there one place I can put this that will
> >allow it to be run on any store on the server?
> >
> >Jeff
>
> The best thing to do would be to install the module in your system Perl,
> though you could also install it locally for Interchange.

I have Date::Calc installed in the system perl.

> The you can call
> it in a GlobalSub or UserTag, and perhaps even in a [perl global=1] block,
> provided that you have the catalog in the AllowGlobal configuration string.

Does this mean that I need to write a wrapper for every function I
wanted to use from Date::Calc?

I was hoping to be able to bypass the Tag stuff entirely, just using
[perl] and writting perl code in that on html pages.

Jeff